Membership
Last Forum Posts
Guild Summary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempeste
In-Game Rank 2

re: Kill on Sight Mod

After a particularly nasty episode in STV - I am sure you all remember the one, the Crazy Trainers started a Kill On Sight list (KOS) in the guild information panel of Pants on Head. This was working ok but it did have some drawbacks ... you have to know it is there, it does not connect between the two guilds, really you have to memorize the list for it to be useful and the guild info pane is not an endless space to type (limited characters) and recently housekeeping deleted some of the list

Fortunately a Loyal Listener of BindOnEquip had the perfect solution, he knew of a mod that not only keeps the list, but it shares it with other guild mates and friends (with the mod) and warns you if those people are "In Sight". It also tracks people so you know where they are hanging out so you can make it your business to take in a crack team and kick their ... oh well you get the picture.

So the mod is VanasKOS. It is easy to use. Once you have downloaded it and installed it, simply type /KOS menu and it brings up a pane for you to explore. One of the tabs is "Configure" Hitting this brings up the interface options of this mod and for such a small mod, it is highly customizeable.

Most things do not need to be changed but some things I changed are:

how often I share - I chose 30 mins - probably an hour would work fine too but at the start to get the list across to as many people as possible I chose 30 mins.

I also opted for it to not list friendly targets.

An important one too was to only share the guild list, rather than a players personal list.

To earn a place on the guild list the person MUST gank you at least 3 times and the attack must be COMPLETELY unprovoked.

Being attacked by someone once (regardless of their level) is considered fair play by this guild on a pvp server.

However as an individual you may decide that being attacked by a level 80 when you are level 40 and afk is something worthy of remembering, feel free to put them on your individual list.

Some other handy features:
This mod shares between friends so the list extends from Pants on Head over to Crazy Train.

This mod tracks the people on the list so you know where they have been. I might not be in Sholazar but if one of you are and someone on that list is nearby ... the mod tracks it so you know where to send your crack team to take them out.

This mod alerts you if there are alliance nearby, so gives you a heads up. It also does several things (warning sounds, flashing screen/chat messages/etc) to alert you if someone on the list is "in Sight".

The more people that have the mod the more effective our list will be.

You can download VanasKOS from Curse or Wowace, although my version (wowace) has more warning sounds to choose from than Wemb's (curse).

Once you have got it, this mod does update through wow matrix.

See you in game!

THappy

Last edited by Tempeste on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Manbone
In-Game Rank 4

re: A candidate to add you your list.:)

Ok, I get accused of killing more than my fair share of lower level alliance. And after reading the exchange in the screenshots can you blame me.

Background.

Nerautt (Sezzja) was getting ganked by an equal level toon. A warrior called spankntank or similar. Fair enough but not over and over. I was in the area so came over to help.

Read on. The screenshots overlap as i didnt want to miss any hidden text.

Manbone.

[url]Forum Image
[/url]Forum Image
[url]Forum Image
[/url]Forum Image
[url]Forum Image
[/url]Forum Image
Thrallgar of The Horde
In-Game Rank 4

Holy shit lets fuck this guy up!!! i want to try to make him quit the game when i hit 80 the game begins. whats his toons name do you remember? gonna put him on a hit list and find him and destroy him!!! i hate Gankers that can't stand to be ganked themselves, they think its all fun and games until someone smack them back on the floor and then they cry about it. GG Nub cry about a game you chose to play, that makes a whole damn lot of sense doesn't it? i dnt think so...

1st of all i want to say thanks for adding this im sure his days are numbered.

2nd i want to say Manbone you crack me up... thanks bro - keep on keeping on.

Wingy
Wingtip
Sedeuce
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pants On Head Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: